Click below for info...
Our Meetings are held at the
Hoogland Center for the Arts
420 South 6th Street
Our normal meetings are usually held on
the second Monday of the month.
We meet at the Hoogland Center for the Arts 420 South 6th Street
See map and get directions to the left and bottom of this page.
The usual location for the meeting is the Social Room located on the Second floor.
However, sometimes we may be meeting in a different room. Always check the message board just inside the front door to confirm the location.
We are a magicians club local to Springfield Illinois.
We have both amateur and professional magicians as members.
Anyone who is interested in this ancient art are welcome to visit us.
Lecture Overview and Effects
PASS - BILL FLASH - MONEY SWITCH - MENTAL PARANO - COLOR CHANGE MANIPULATION ROUTINE - PAINTING CARD - THE LANE
1 - The choice of effects is like a menu in a restaurant:
• The Appetizer: A simple effect with audience participation to whet the appetite.
• The Main Course: A dazzling effect your spectators won’t forget. (demonstration)
• Dessert: “Icing on the Cake” with impact that will carry on long after your performance!
2 - Using gimmicks in close-up — a must: Manipulation is fine; however, the use of a
gimmicks is really important. Why? (demonstration)
3 - From the germ of an idea to the conception of a trick.
• How to know if an idea will become a trick! (demonstration)
• How to nurture the idea to bring it to fruition (demonstration)
• Do you have an idea that I can try out?
4 - Bonus lecture: Presentation of a few exclusives.
5 - Anecdotes, collaboration, and Q & A
Extras: Mickaël will offer the materials needed for making certain tricks. He will also demonstrate live themaking of a gimmick. Do you have an idea? Mickaël will bring it to life, perhaps right there during the lecture!
Bonus Lecture: During the lecture, Mickaël will present several EXCLUSIVE and UNPUBLISHED effects!