Click below for info...
Our Meetings are held at the
Hoogland Center for the Arts
420 South 6th Street
Our normal meetings are usually held on
the second Monday of the month.
We meet at the Hoogland Center for the Arts 420 South 6th Street
See map and get directions to the left and bottom of this page.
The usual location for the meeting is the Social Room located on the Second floor.
However, sometimes we may be meeting in a different room. Always check the message board just inside the front door to confirm the location.
We are a magicians club local to Springfield Illinos.
We have both amateur and professional magicians as members.
Anyone who is interested in this ancient art are welcome to visit us.
Tuesday, December 5 at 3:00pm
Texas Roadhouse - Springfield, IL
Chris is a 27-year-old Mind Reader and Performer, based in Manchester, England. He has been featured in Magic and Genii magazine and released various books, manuscripts and effects to the community. His work is always very well received and highly praised.
His lecture is
all Mentalism, for the stage, close-up and even casual situations. Throughout
Chris’ lecture you will learn reliable, tested and workable material that Chris
has performed hundreds of times in the real world.
• Chris will teach his approach to the stage drawing duplication and show you how you can apply this in ways never tipped before, that allow you to create the impression that you can know thought of images from audience members that they never physically draw, finishing with a perfect duplication of spectators physical drawing.
• You will learn how to appear to memorize a complete and shuffled deck of cards in an engaging, very real feeling demonstration of memory that requires no memory.
• Chris will tip his go to opening routine ‘In This Order’, a chair prediction with a purpose and premise.
• You will learn how to have one spectator find another spectator’s thought-of playing card with their eyes closed.
• There will also be Mentalism taught for casual situations alongside bitesize chunks of Theory.
• All the material in the lecture is taught will full crediting and in great depth in a way that is entertaining and engaging.